The National Memorial Arboretum

anskyber 22:35 15 Jan 2008

Many here will know I do not support the sometime celebratory comments of "our wonderful boys" and so on when there are threads about the armed forces. War is wretched and I dislike anything which pretends it is not.

A news item a few months ago encouraged me to travel fron Cumbria to Staffordshire. I was taken by the seeming quality of the National Memorial Arboretum in the report and in particular the new Allied Forces Memorial dedicated to those killed in service since the end of the second world war.

This is probably not a debating issue but I went there this weekend and was amazed. A very moving experience, I'm glad I went. There are well over 130 individual memorials to different things, all free to visit. The NMA is truely spectacular. click here
click here
click here

Brumas 23:18 15 Jan 2008

I think it looks strikingly beautiful – a fine place of pilgrimage for all those who have lost loved ones in all theatres of war and wish to remember them.
As it is also the National Memorial Arboretum, young trees can also be dedicated to their memory.

sunny staines 07:38 16 Jan 2008

thanks for the links

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache