The National Lottery

def90csw 12:13 08 Oct 2006

So is the National Lottery a good thing?

lisa02 12:16 08 Oct 2006

Yes but not the scratch cards though.

Though last night I was one number away from winning £40 on the hotpicks! I had 27 but number 26 was drawn :(

spuds 12:48 08 Oct 2006

Depends on how you look at it, and whether you are a winner or loser.

And as for funding to good courses, don't get me ranting on about that.

lisa02 13:02 08 Oct 2006

I wouldn't mind being treated to 4 "good courses" at my favourite restaurant!

A good few things in my communtiy and surrounding areas have recieved lotto funding which I am pleased about. Having said that some of the wacky things that have been funded as "good causes" are beyond belief. Remember when they gave Man U thousands for some training person for their office staff.

I dislike scratch cards as they are not regulated enough and can become addictive - I have seen people in school uniform buying loads of them. I think the age limit for these should be at least raised to 18 or preferably 21.

[email protected] 13:12 08 Oct 2006

bad thing, been playing since it started and have only won £10 on three occasions.

I also think that some of the things they have funded are silly.

Mind you if I won a large sum I could alter my opinion.;o)

Forum Editor 13:43 08 Oct 2006

if you win.

I don't think any Lottery jackpot winners are on record as saying they thought it should be abolished.

Jak_1 13:52 08 Oct 2006

If you don't like it then you don't have to play it!

Diodorus Siculus 13:58 08 Oct 2006

"I don't think any Lottery jackpot winners are on record as saying they thought it should be abolished."

But some regret it :-)
"LOTTO winner Michael Carroll has said he regrets ever winning the Pounds 9.7million jackpot and wants his old job back as a binman. The 22-year-old claims that the money has brought him nothing but aggravation, having blown a fortune on drugs, drink, junk food and banger racing. The winner, famed for his Chav bling, said: "Winning has been non stop aggro.I wish I'd never won the money.There's a lot of bitterness and jealousy from people. Everyone is fighting for a piece of the pie. I was happier working as a binman."

daisy2bell 14:22 08 Oct 2006

If you win, don't tell anyone. Don't go wild and spend spend. Invest a large sum to secure your future.
Don't buy flash cars etc.They'd only get scratched.
That is what I would do.
I'm tight fisted as it is, and a big win would not change that. Yes I would spend,(mostly on holidays, home improvement but within reason.) but certainly would not go wild.
I would give to charity, but would shun all publicity.

wolfie3000 14:30 08 Oct 2006

I must admit if i won the lottery i would have a computer game made exactly how i want it :)

It would have to be playable online and be a cross between Halo2 and GTA san andreas,

And it would be available free to download on the net.

Maybe me as the lead character lol.

mammak 14:45 08 Oct 2006

I have to second what lisa said about those scratch cards though I have seen addiction first hand with those things and it is not a pretty sight.

still wouldnt mind winning though:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires