A National Anthem worth singing......Epilogue

Brumas 00:10 28 Nov 2006

The whole point of my original post was to find an anthem that represented our pride and heritage, had a decent ‘catchy’ tune that grabbed you by the heart forcing you to stand tall whilst singing it with fervour and making it impossible to remain unaffected and seated.

I do not know how you measure ones pride and sense of identity in Great Britain but I am pretty sure it isn’t by who can make the most eloquent and sustained ‘noise’ about it!

I, and all before me, are Yorkshire through and through and proud of it and I class myself as English rather than British. Having said that, I accept that because I live in Great Britain I am also British.

Now I may not have F.E.’s eloquence but I do have great pride in my country and know that one day it will be great again so, in my own lamentable way I have tried to put this into words!

I tried to add this to my original post in order to green-tick it but was unable to do so .

WhiteTruckMan 00:20 28 Nov 2006

I think you can apply the green tick now, and finally put this one to bed.

WTM

Forum Editor 00:21 28 Nov 2006

and asked you to let me know when you were next online - I would have opened the previous thread for a few minutes so you could post this.

Never mind, you've done it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?