Name Change

morddwyd 07:33 06 Sep 2009

In deference to my Welsh heritage, and because it is unlikely to be used by anybody else, or used to identify me, I have decided that henceforth I will use my given name of Morddwyd on the forums!

laurie53 as was

dagnammit 07:49 06 Sep 2009

Fair enough. Don't know how to pronounce it though. :P

PS. I liked your name as laurie, reminded me of the TV show 'House'.

newman35 07:59 06 Sep 2009

Is this part of a plan to gain asylum in England?
We should be told!!

morddwyd 08:24 06 Sep 2009

Pronounce "morthooidd"

Part of my plan for Scottish citizenship!

Bingalau 08:31 06 Sep 2009

Why did you not make it easy for us thick English to pronounce by re-naming yourself "Taff" or "Blodwyn"?

Yes I know a lady named "Laurie".

Quickbeam 08:48 06 Sep 2009

I Googled it and all the suggested pages are in Welsh... that's taking a mythical tag too far boyo.

Cymro. 09:54 06 Sep 2009

I changed my forum name a little after I first joined. I started by using the name "cofi" a slang term used locally to describe someone from my home town.

I thought this a little too obscure and so I changed to the forum name "Cymro". Still a name that means nothing to most of you but is at least known to my fellow countrymen and comes up on Google to anyone who feels inclined to investigate.

Some names used on this forum are absolutely intriguing. So how and why did you choose your forum name then?

Quickbeam 10:02 06 Sep 2009

Is this the correct interpretation of you're new identity? click here

Bingalau 10:03 06 Sep 2009

I think we had a thread about how we chose our handles a couple of months ago. Mind you with the way my memory works it could have been a couple of years ago.

Quickbeam 10:05 06 Sep 2009

What was a couple of years ago...?

Quickbeam 10:51 06 Sep 2009

I think that would prove to be quite easy, we all have a signature style that would give ourselves away pretty quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?