My PC has a bug... quite literally!

Quickbeam 18:46 27 Jun 2017
Answered

I'm just looking at a bug the size of a harvest mite that I thought was on the surface of the screen but is on the inside surface walking about... Has anyone else had this?

wee eddie 18:52 27 Jun 2017

Thunder fly

Teabag. 19:11 27 Jun 2017

You need to put in place a correct screen saver so it can find it's way out.

enter link description here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:03 27 Jun 2017

click here - heat - suction cups screen squeezing, best thing is probably leave it to see if it crawls back to bottom .

Light

Quickbeam 20:23 27 Jun 2017

It disappeared to stage right 5 minutes ago!

No encore required...

bumpkin 20:32 27 Jun 2017

It disappeared to stage right 5 minutes ago!

Probably where its mate is waiting to multiply:-)

Forum Editor 22:23 27 Jun 2017
Answer

That is why computer bugs are called 'bugs'. The term originated when Grace Hopper, an early computer pioneer, described the cause of a problem with an electro-mechanical computer that was malfunctioning.

A small moth had become trapped in a relay, causing it to fail. After that, anything which resulted in a software or hardware glitch was referred to as a bug.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires