My next gaming device will be…:

tammer 22:49 07 Nov 2006

Nice poll there PC advisor but you forgot the:

A high spec laptop option.

Lots of people play games on laptops these days and we had a bit of chat about it here:

click here

Forum Editor 23:17 07 Nov 2006

with a bit of imagination you could stretch the 'high-end PC' option to include a laptop, couldn't you?

wolfie3000 00:04 08 Nov 2006

You have can play games on the cheaper laptops,

Games like Tomb raider2 and 3 play well on a £400 laptop,

Just that high end games have problems on laptops.

I was surprised to see how many forum members dont play games, this came as a bit of a shock to me.

45% dont play games.

WhiteTruckMan 00:18 08 Nov 2006

in game playing. For the more complex games, that involves first learning the game, then becoming proficient enough to progress through the game. Some people might argue that these two steps occur simultaneously, but I'm speaking from a purely personal perspective.

It's not that I dislike games, I just do not have the time to devote to such a complex area. The last time I did, it was with Unreal tournament. Nowadays, games for me seem to consist of flash type simple stuff for a 10-15 minute diversion, often when something is downloading.

WTM

Totally-braindead 00:19 08 Nov 2006

wolfie3000 if you reread the poll the answer they have ticked is they are not interested in games, totally different from not playing games.
Quite a few of my friends would probably have ticked that option as well but they have perhaps 2 or 3 games as well as the windows ones, its just they aren't gamers per se.
Hope you get what I mean.

Production ed 11:13 08 Nov 2006

Good point. It should be clearer now.

Thanks,

Matt

tammer 21:39 08 Nov 2006

I've now voted accordingly and will tick this as resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?