My new HD ready PC Monitor/TV

pj123 18:04 29 Jun 2008

Just got this 15.4" monitor/TV with built in Freeview.

Now watching Glastonbury on BBC2 with Freeview.

Now I don't know if this is being transmitted in HD or not but the quality is stunning.

I just tried the same on my old analogue TV with a Freeview box and the quality doesn't compare.

Roll on digital.

anskyber 18:08 29 Jun 2008

If you are watching using the Freeview tuner then it will not be HD. The size of your screen will with a good tuner give exceptional results.

citadel 18:50 29 Jun 2008

It seems to me if they use a hd camera it looks better even if it not broadcast in hd.

sunny staines 02:17 30 Jun 2008

Does it need to be connected to the roof aerial or will it work with a portable usb aerial with built in booster?

pj123 12:01 30 Jun 2008

Mine is connected to my wide band roof aerial which is split to connect my standard analogue TV and this PC monitor.

I tried one of those so-called wide band indoor aerials. Absolutely useless.

Midgetninja, A 40" TV is 20" too big for me. I do not like TVs that dominate a room.

My standard analogue TV is 20", soon to be changed for a 19" HD ready TV.

Stuartli 12:40 30 Jun 2008

My 21in Belinea CRT monitor displays Freeview programmes superbly (feed is from a TwinHan Freeview PCI TV card linked to an external TV aerial via an aerial booster).

The higher resolution available on the monitor compared to a flat screen TV probably accounts for part of the reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache