muslim numbers.

elbecko 16:52 16 Mar 2007

hi, just wondering what others think of what is on this link?
click here

i think its a hard one to comment on, as these days you have to be so careful what you say in case you are labeled a racist.
honest opinions would be appreciated if possible.

thank you.

Forum Editor 17:08 16 Mar 2007

in case you are labeled a racist"

Exactly. I'll delete any post that has a whiff of racism about it.

Zero G 17:17 16 Mar 2007

All this is going to do is whip up racial hatred for far right groups like the BNP, who use recent events to voice their rantings.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:26 16 Mar 2007

It is the opinion of one Jewish 'expert' who has obviously forgotten to ask himself what would happen if the numbers of Jewish immigrants hit 10% of the total. Okay let's disassemble his sorry tale.....
This bit really had me in stitches...'He said Muslim immigrants had a reputation for manipulating the values of Western countries, taking advantage of their hospitality and tolerance.Greeks or Italians or Jews don't use violence.' *cough* Palestine *cough*

'Professor Israeli said that in Australia a few imams had preached violence.'...he has obviously not been to the Deep South of America or the Appalachians.

There are no references to his claims, it is all supposition.

'He said Muslim immigrants had a reputation for manipulating the values of Western countries, taking advantage of their hospitality and tolerance.'...as he is doing in Australia.

I could go on but a) he is too easy a target and b) I'm bored listening to Fundy rubbish based on the same proof that the Bible is based on. I would bet that the doors of Hades are swinging wide open when some people pop their clogs.

G

georgemac © 17:31 16 Mar 2007

I am not a racist and do not condone any form of racism.

The article seems to assume that all muslims want to impose sharia law in the country they move to and will support the use of violence (and I guess the article infers terrorism) to meet their objectives.

Like many other things in life, a minority in anything who associate themselves with the majority can make the majority look bad.

My belief is that anyone coming to live in our country, must accept it is a democracy, with the laws of our country determined by our elected government. They must be willing to integrate into our communities, and not expect the majority of citizens to change their ways to suit the minority.

Any person may promote a belief, but must do so peacefully and within the law - if they are not prepared to do this, and promote the use of violence or indeed use violence to try and further their objectives, the law should be such as to be able to punish them accordingly, and even deport them if necessary.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:40 16 Mar 2007

Islamic expert mon derrière!

The man knows so little about Muslims and their beliefs and has probably had only a passing acquaintance with The Koran. He is basing his views on a tiny percentage of Muslims and fails to realise, because he is either dim or persecution/race-obsessed, that his suppositions could be applied to any group of people not just teh Muslims.

G

Watchful 17:55 16 Mar 2007

I feel the same as georgemac but I don't think his suppositions could be applied to any group of people; not here in the UK anyway.

We have lots of nationalities and religions but I don't remember any of them advocating violence in order to change our ways. Excepting NI of course.

Totally-braindead 18:00 16 Mar 2007

He seems to be saying he was misquoted. Which lets face it is a possability.
Can't help wondering how much of what was quoted in the original article is true.

Sic 18:27 16 Mar 2007

I love a fiery topic...but this one has disaster written all over it!!

Forum Editor 19:02 16 Mar 2007

It's the kind of thread that makes Forum Editors afraid to leave their screens for a quiet Friday night dinner with their wife.

Fortunately I have a trusty deputy who will stand watch for me while I pretend to be like a normal human being for an hour or so.

Kev.Ifty 23:12 16 Mar 2007

Had been reading stories like this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?