Mummy, what's a role model?

Forum Editor 18:55 08 Jun 2007
  wolfie3000 19:12 08 Jun 2007

Just a case of lazy mothers.

TopCat® 19:15 08 Jun 2007

The beginnings of a new fashion trend, maybe? TC.

Legolas 19:41 08 Jun 2007

I not in my pyjamas at the moment because my favourite blue fluffy ones with the bunnies on are in the wash.

johndrew 19:44 08 Jun 2007

`role model` or sack tied in the middle with a bit of hairy string. Ah well, everybody is some mothers` child (whether they like it or not).

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:52 08 Jun 2007

Absolutely appalling and I can see where Jeremy Kyle's' audience comes from. Bunch of lazy bints with no self esteem if you ask me and it tends to make me look favourably at eugenics. I can only guess at the message it sends to their hapless broods.

G

Si_l 19:55 08 Jun 2007

Good on them, they should be allowed to wear what they want. Too many people are being sucked into social norms which make no sense.

SB23 20:00 08 Jun 2007

I would have to agree with TopCat®.
I have 3 children that I walk to school each morning, and I believed this to be a trend, one that I had never seen before.
Alot of the younger mothers do seem to wear their jammies in the mornings. I even made a passing comment to one that I had got to know, to be told, that it was easier to get the kids ready, and into school, before going back to get dressed!
I just laughed, what else could I do?

Steve

VoG II 20:34 08 Jun 2007

I was at a meeting recently and (outside of the meeting) a lady from Canada announced that she got into her 'PJs' as soon as she got home from work. I didn't say anything but I found this odd - I only do this if I am ill.

harps1h 20:41 08 Jun 2007

personally i think it show a certain amount of loosing self respect. one which children will pick up on very quickly

harps1h 20:44 08 Jun 2007

i'm not sure the word bint is entirely appropriate for this thread. below is a definition of the word "bint" one which i am sure i would not like any of my children using at any stage in their lives

A slang word in the United Kingdom, and Ireland, a derogatory term for a woman. Usage varies with a range of harshness from 'bitch', referring to a disagreeable and domineering woman, to only a slightly derogatory term for a young woman. The latter being associated more with usage in the West Midlands. It is unclear whether it entered the English language as a loan of the Arabic term.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?