MSN Messenger - Behind the Wall

foxman318 15:50 20 Mar 2006

I use MSN Messenger extensivley at home, However my place of work regards it as a mechanism for file passing what could be sensitive info (which I think is a catch all piece of BS/ I don't work for a secret org or have secret/sensitive docs) and has blacklisted MSN Messenger. Does anyone know of any websites that may host/embed MSN Messenger which may get me past the black list mechanism.......

The Ghost of Inept Pig 17:07 20 Mar 2006

Hopefully I won't be responsible for a sudden downturn in your productivity - but try Meebo - click here

Ade_1 19:11 20 Mar 2006

e messenger is a possibility, click here
Hope it works :)

Thalmus 22:57 20 Mar 2006

have you tried web messenger?

click here

Forum Editor 00:24 21 Mar 2006

bypass your employer's policy? There's obviously a reason for the ban, so why not respect it, rather than attempting to find ways to circumvent it?

wee eddie 09:09 21 Mar 2006

You may find a P45 with your next Pay Slip!

wolfie3000 09:30 21 Mar 2006

i guess the blocked msn messenger because of the potential threat of viruses.

one thing to remember is that technically its not your pc to do as you wish imagine if someone started installing programs on your pc at home without your permission?

im sure if you need to chat to someone you could either e-mail them at work or wait till you get home to chat to them

or just phone them.

wolfie3000 09:36 21 Mar 2006

mind you if i had my way at my last job i would have installed halo on there pc for something to do at lunch times but there was NO chance lol.

g0slp 13:12 21 Mar 2006

with my employers if anyone tampers with the IT equipment.

Rightly so, in my view.

g0slp 13:16 21 Mar 2006

Our IT department were at their wits' end having to sort out computers last year, because certain individuals kept loading their own software & causing havoc. They finally said ENOUGH, hence the policy decision from top management.

mrwhizzard 12:14 22 Mar 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?