MSN & Chatsite's monitored "Can it be done"..?

[email protected] 11:02 08 Apr 2007

Ive noticed that this morning when i went to my MSN chat there's a story about chatsites might be getting monitored,so hows it done when u have a network of hundreds of millions of people using the site,Surely i wont be people thats doing the monitoring as if that was so they must be thousands of monitor's doing it,is it down to key words that are picked up via monitoring server's..?
Also who agree's its a good thing,i dont have nothing to loose,i admit i do sometimes swear whilst i am on line but only when i am chatting to other adults so like i said i have nothing to loose

interzone55 21:51 08 Apr 2007

I would say that they have software that flags up messages containing certain keywords.

This would be much the same method as used by Google for it's email service, all the messages are scanned so that targeted adverts can be placed alongside the messages - tip here, if you use POP to download your gmail into Outlook Depress or Thunderbird you get a fantastic free email service and never have to see any adverts.

Jak_1 21:56 08 Apr 2007

That's exactly how it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?