Mr. Cameron/Clegg asked for suggestions

wee eddie 12:14 08 Jul 2010

I can't find a link.

MAT ALAN 13:03 08 Jul 2010

Mr. Cameron/Clegg asked for suggestions...

feed the homeless to the starving...

wee eddie 14:25 08 Jul 2010

It was for suggestions of legislation that could/should be revoked

canarieslover 14:43 08 Jul 2010

... though like all government departments it may be a little slow to respond.

click here

sunnystaines 16:45 08 Jul 2010

let a company sack strikers.

bri-an 17:24 08 Jul 2010

..and send little boys to work in the mines etc.
Might as well revert to the 'good old days' !!

Strawballs 17:26 08 Jul 2010

Why don't you go all the way and hang or deport them like the Tolpuddle martyrs!!!

john bunyan 17:27 08 Jul 2010

Reduce the total number of MP's (Including MEP's, MP's of NI, Scotland and Wales) to the same total number as before devolution. A House of Lords same size as US Senate, elected (flexible as to by whom) in proportionate numbers to party split in Commons - maybe some "expert" entry qualifications.Maximum stay in upper house say 15 years or 70 whichever is the earlier. "Life" peer titles abolished - titles only when serving in the upper house.
Duchy of Cornwall to provide extra funds to Queen's Civil List.

sunnystaines 19:11 08 Jul 2010

what is wrong with sacking strikers, look at the damage to BA for example and the mines saga in the 80's

john 52 19:35 08 Jul 2010

bri-an
Qoute
let a company sack strikers.

..and send little boys to work in the mines etc.
Might as well revert to the 'good old days' !!

You forgot to add work 7 days a week !! get paid £1 a hour !! and get one week of holiday a year if you worked for a good employer .
People complain about the unions but many of you have got them to thank for the better working conditions you enjoyed at work .

I would suggest stopping the attendance allowance of £300 a day to just turn up at the House of Lords !!
Now the collation are trying to meddle with the private pensions sector and link the rate of increase that is paid each year by using the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) measure of inflation instead of using the RPI.The CPI is typically lower - and over the past 20 years and it has been higher than the RPI only three times.
Maybe we could do with a more left wing government like Mrs Thatcher ???

bri-an 19:48 08 Jul 2010

I hope you did appreciate that my post was a sarcastic response to the statement "let a company sack strikers." from sunnystaines!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone