MPs are falling like nine pins...

Quickbeam 08:23 29 May 2009

But they still honestly believe they've done nothing wrong click here and excuses like that, "the media has conducted an unjustified witch hunt", "intolerable media pressure forced me to step down, but I believed it was OK", and the best of all, "I wish I'd questioned my husbands advice more"!!!

These people are supposed to be the crème de la crème of British ruling society, social paragons for us to aspire to and the standard of moral correctness that we should emulate.

Are these the same MPs that vilify professional social benefit claimants for their life styles being a burdain on taxpayers? Who's emulating who here...?

Not to worry though, they won't be broke when they go... click here

Quickbeam 08:24 29 May 2009

burden;)

Marko797 08:39 29 May 2009

subject flogged to death imho...wake me up when they've all stood down and been replaced.

Quickbeam 08:59 29 May 2009

"flogged to death"... it aint started yet. What with Euro elections, Mayoral elections our way and a General election not so far away, this will cull parliament to the bone with an influx of new MPs that should know what will and will not be acceptable to the general public.

I also see the plethora of newer small parties gaining votes, not enough to effect radical change yet, but enough to make people think there is more beyond the big two, or to vote for who your father voted for, because his father did.

All of a sudden, as a non-voter since '97, I'm developing an interest again out of all the scam news.

Marko797 09:06 29 May 2009

sorry but I can't get excited about this sort of thing...my lawn needs mowing.

Quickbeam 09:10 29 May 2009
  Marko797 09:14 29 May 2009

rofl, nice one. All of a sudden the infamous TT thread seems just the tonic what with all this political nonsense going on. Cheers. Made my day. Never did manage to hit Ronald right in the face though with the tins :)

john bunyan 14:23 29 May 2009

By all means let an independant assessor look at pay. If he, for example suggests a 15% increase, there should be a cut in numbers of MP's by, say, 20% as we have an EU government and devolved governments in Scotland etc now. Expenses should shadow the type of thing available to similar paid people in industry, like Shell etc. No way should expnses be allowed in future to be paid in lieu of salary.Most companies expect productivity to pay for higher rewards.

tein 14:39 29 May 2009

Me thinks there is some bit too go yet, they needed flushing out cause its simply unfair of them to live the lifestlye's that have & then get everything paid for!

I admire David Cameron for standing up & although some of his MP's were included in this he's simply stood up & raised his hand & accepted None of it!"

Election wise im still not sure who & thats IF i vote will i go for.? i suppose due to the recent way Gordon Brown has dealt with this & the way cameron has i'l go Cons.

Teaboy 17:30 29 May 2009

The public take some of the blame?

Why and how. What voice has the general public in the affairs of this country, other than every five years write an X against a name on a piece of paper?

We, in England, live in what is called a parliamentary democracy, and it is the politicians within parliament that have the voice-not the people. Hence they make the laws, and ,when it is to their advantage decide what financial rewards they deserve- frequently shrouded in secrecy. (note how MP's turned on the speaker when he failed to keep the expenses scandal safe within the official secret act.

spuds 18:45 29 May 2009

Whats the betting in a couple of years time, when all the dust as settled, things will be back to normality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?