MP3 Vs CD pricing

canarieslover 16:32 31 Jan 2010

A new website to help check prices of CD's & MP3 across the web. click here I've always bought the album and ripped them myself when I've wanted music for on the move. It seems that I haven't spent too much more doing this rather than downloading, and I get the quality that I want.

Awshum 18:40 31 Jan 2010

I usually buy CDs and don't mind if they are more expensive than MP3 as they should be IMO.

interzone55 18:41 31 Jan 2010

It's rare that you will want every track on a CD, so buying just the tracks you want will usually save you some money...

canarieslover 19:03 31 Jan 2010

I buy the CD's so that I can listen to the whole of it as the artist intended. Often I find that tracks I may dismiss on first hearing seem to get better and better on each succesive hearing. I may make up playlists for use on a portable player but at home I always listen from track 1 to the end. Perhaps its a habit from my vinyl playing where skipping tracks is not really an option if you value your records.

Legolas 19:33 31 Jan 2010

I do the same I can't quite get into the habit of jumping about and missing out tracks, as you say probably a throwback to the days of vinyl. I also find that the tracks that don't instantly grab you grow on you with the listening and often end up your favourites.

Input Overload 19:39 31 Jan 2010

MP3's are no match for a genuine CD & are not much cheaper. 320 bit is nowhere near CD quality,the difference is easily heard on decent gear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone