Mozilla Firefox....

DANZIG 02:03 12 Mar 2008

I've been an IE advocate (meaning I knew no better) since I got BB.

However I've been having a meddle with the titular browser and I must say its great!

Anyone out there know of any browser better or does anyone disagree with me?

Quickbeam 08:36 12 Mar 2008

iambeavis 10:41 12 Mar 2008

I've been using it since it was known as "Phoenix". I started with version 0.5, and I've been with it ever since - click here

birdface 11:47 12 Mar 2008

Had it tried it went back to I/E because I preferred it.Did not like the blue background that I got with Firefox but just while on PCA.IE7 Pro makes a big difference with I/E I find it a better Browser but it does tend to slow up at times.If someone can tell me that you no longer get the blue background with Firefox I will give it another try.

DANZIG 11:50 12 Mar 2008

You can change the background and look of Firefox.

iambeavis 12:17 12 Mar 2008

To change the background go to Tools > Options and click on the "Content" tab. Once on the "Content" page click on the "Colours" button - on the "Colours" page, untick "Use system colours" and you can then use the "Background" box to set your own choice of colour.

iambeavis 12:34 12 Mar 2008

I forgot to add that you should also untick "Allow pages to choose their own colour..."

i have been using version 3 beta, it's as fast as lightning, very tweekable, and looks a lot slicker. always prefered ff over ie.

birdface 14:44 12 Mar 2008

Ok.Will give Firefox another try as soon as it comes out of the Beta stage.I tried IE8 and had a few problems with it.Nothing serious.but I did not see a big difference between that and IE7.

don't be put off by ie8, firefox is very stable click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?