Mothers Day etc.

Cymro. 11:48 18 Mar 2007

Me and my wife are just about to go out to take my mother in low for a special Mothers Day Sunday lunch. I am not much of a one for such things as a rule as I think them to be taken over by commercial interests but Mothers Day is probably the best of such things. Comments and opinions please.

Noldi 12:04 18 Mar 2007

Same every year
Give the kids a roasting for not getting mum anything even though theyve had a tenner out of me.

Noldi

Forum Editor 12:05 18 Mar 2007

Freudian slip?

I'm all for Mothers day - why shouldn't motherhood be celebrated once a year? It does no harm, gives mothers a lift, and provides the flower/card industries with some extra income.

Cymro. 12:08 18 Mar 2007

Come to think of it Fathers Day has possibilities. But I don`t think my wife will give my kids a tenner to buy me anything.

Cymro. 12:13 18 Mar 2007

I never used to believe in such things as Freudian slips, but I think you

could very well be right. I had better get a move on or she will be angry with

me. That should read "they" will be angry. Two of them, just hope the place is licenced.

carver 12:14 18 Mar 2007

FE, I don't mind Mothers day but what I do object to is the bunch of flowers selling fo £4.99 last week now sell for £7.99 this week with a little sticker on saying "Happy Mothers Day".
Or at the local for some reason this Sunday all the meals have gone up by £2 per person.

Totally-braindead 12:46 18 Mar 2007

Where's sons day or daughters day for that matter?

Don't we deserve a day as well for our efforts?

I do hope no one in the greetings card industry see this and thinks its a good idea, we have too many of these celebrations already. I was only joking - honest.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:57 18 Mar 2007

So what do the kids buy the mother who is?

1. On a diet (no chocolates)

2. Allergic to flowers.

Forum Editor 13:07 18 Mar 2007

Yes, it's irritating, but human nature prevails.

cycoze 13:27 18 Mar 2007

I don't think we need special days to say "Thank You" or "I Love You", we should be able to say it or better still show it at any time of the year.

Having said that i still make my Wife a Valentines card, and either make or buy my Mum a Mothers day card, it keeps them happy even though they know i Love them and can show it at anytime.

My Mum is in Hospital at the moment, so flowers are out, have bought her a large box of Thorntons chocolates though, i am hoping that these will be shared this afternoon during visiting hours, and like any good Mother she has the re run of the Grand Prix on TV!

[email protected] 14:06 18 Mar 2007

just got back with the papers and my local "storekeeper" (who still hasnt forgiven me for leaving him with europes largest vodka mountain when i stopped drinking!)
has bunches of what look like what were some sort of flower many weeks ago! only £5 too!
adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?