Most Britons 'still oppose euro'

perpetual motion 15:54 01 Jan 2009

Would you like to see the Euro Currency in the UK or we keep the pound..?

I see since the economy crash there is much more talk about changing to the Euro amongst the mp's

click here

anchor 16:03 01 Jan 2009

I wish we had changed at the start when the conversion would have been about 1.5€ to the £1.

Now 1€ is roughly equal to £1. An enormous drop.

Quickbeam 16:08 01 Jan 2009

My Sovereigns are holding their value against the Pound or Euro quite nicely:)

Pine Man 16:11 01 Jan 2009

Rightly or wrongly I have always thought we should have changed to the Euro years ago. I don't think it would make much difference to the present crisis but my views still have not changed.

caccy 16:17 01 Jan 2009

I for one do not want any increase in the interferance from Brussels, so no to the Euro.

Were there not rumblings from the Italians and Germans about ditching the Euro in 2008?

sunnystaines 17:06 01 Jan 2009

hold fire i think the euro will fall apart during 2009 its causing too much strain on some nations.

if we have a change of PM and interests go up the pound will recover.

interzone55 17:10 01 Jan 2009

I know a change to the Euro would make my life easier.

We buy a lot of kit from the Euro zone and at the moment prices are changing almost weekly, so I have to update my price lists and cost books so often I'm struggling to get my real job done...

spuds 18:28 01 Jan 2009

Considering that the media are forecasting an immanent 20% rise on fruit and veg prices plus shortages through the devaluation of the pound against the euro, and 'foreign' suppliers being jumpy about the financial outlook. Can I predict that the UK 'will have' the euro as our stable currency within 2 years ;o)

Condom 18:52 01 Jan 2009

I have no very strong feelings either way but think that it would be a good idea to join. For most of us money is just for spending and as both are decimal it would make very little difference in our daily lives.

I travel a lot and it never bothers me what money I am spending wherever I happen to be as you soon get used to it, even where it costs 250,000 for a cup of coffee.

As to more interference from Brussels, so what, do we as individuals have much influence over the Bank of England in reality.

beeuuem 19:18 01 Jan 2009

"Can I predict that the UK 'will have' the euro as our stable currency within 2 years ;o)"
Of course you can.

laurie53 19:51 01 Jan 2009

Money is money, it doesn't matter what we call it.

For at least some period in our history we were using marks, round King John's time I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?