The most amazing days of my like

Kevscar1 20:19 16 Mar 2009

Probably not a topic for these forums and I know that most of you won't care but I am blown away by this

I have never had any children of my own. My second wife had 3 children from her first marriage so i have 3 grandchildren which I have always thought was something special.
Last Monday i got an e-mail from 25 years in my past. A woman asked how old I was as she thought she may have know me previously.
When I checked up on her she was the daughter of my first wife someone who I had always regarded as my own daughter. I told her who I was and what had happened the last time I had seen her.
She e-mailed back and told me that her son lewis's birthday was the same day as mine and she would think of me then. I now had 4 grandchildren. E-mails started going back and forth and on Thursday she told me she has 5 kids. We both agree that I now have 8 grandchildren and she has agreed to meet up in 3 weeks time.
It is impossible to descibre how i feel and my wife says this is fantastic which is the icing on the cake.

laurie53 20:27 16 Mar 2009

What a wonderful surprise straight out of the blue.

No wonder you're blown away.

canarieslover 20:38 16 Mar 2009

Hope you have a good birthday reminder program installed.

Kevscar1 20:58 16 Mar 2009

Yes I am going to have to program them all in there is no way I dare miss one. Lewis will not be a problem my stepfather had the same days as us as well and Julie's mum told me she was born 2 days early on 22nd July

Jim Thing 21:03 16 Mar 2009

Your post made my day.

Forum Editor 22:11 16 Mar 2009

it's great to hear some happy news - congratulations to all of you.

perpetual motion 22:20 16 Mar 2009

Kevscar, I agree with FE its great news WELL DONE!!

MAJ 22:34 16 Mar 2009

I know exactly how you are feeling, Kevscar, my daughter from a relationship I had when very young, and I thought had disowned me, arrived on my doorstep just before Christmas and presented me with three beautiful grandchildren (my first), the youngest was born on my birthday. I have never been happier and my partner is over the moon as well. My daughter and her fiance are getting married soon, I just returned from the stag party last weekend.

Congrats Grandad Kevscar. :-)

TopCat® 23:09 16 Mar 2009

A sad fact of life with some families is that some members drift apart as time moves inexorably on. So this is indeed good news to hear, and I hope it won't be too long before Kev and his car takes to the road to a beautiful reunion with his long lost ones.

Congratulations and best wishes to you all, Kev. TC.

rdave13 00:39 17 Mar 2009

What a great story. Congrats.

MaxUpload 04:26 17 Mar 2009

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

About two years ago I got a letter from my son who I had not seen since he was 9 months old.

I had a relationship which resulted in a pregnancy and to cut a long story short her parents shut me out of her life.I met her mother out shopping one day with my child in a pushchair and that was the last I saw of him.

My son's mother married and gave him her married name.

That letter opened up a whole new chapter in my life,presenting me with a daughter-in-law,and two more beautiful grandchildren to add to the one I already have.

I'm 61 now and just wish that I could have enjoyed the pleasures I feel now instead of spending the last 40 years or so just wondering.

Cherish every moment Kevscar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?