Morrisey, what a fool

al's left peg 15:37 28 Jul 2011

According to reports in the press today, Morrisey the singer has declared that the terrible attack in Norway is. "Nothing compared to what happens in Macdonalds anf KFC every day"

What planet is this man on? He made that statement before a rendition of his song, Meat is murder at a gig on Sunday in Warsaw. I don't care for the blokes music but if I had of been at his show I would of walked out after such a crass statement.

Comparing the killing of mostly young kids to the slaughtering of animals is unforgivable in my opinion.

interzone55 16:12 28 Jul 2011

al's left peg

So you're saying that killing a young child is worse than killing a chicken that's spent all the 30 days of it's short life in terrible conditions.

A life is a life, and to most vegetarians the wholesale slaughter of animals for KFC & McDonalds is just the same as, or even worse than, the massacre of the youths in Norway.

By the way, I'm not vegetarian, but I'm not happy about the way chickens are bred for the food industry, so when I can I try to buy free range chicken.

Belatucadrus 16:29 28 Jul 2011

"So you're saying that killing a young child is worse than killing a chicken that's spent all the 30 days of it's short life in terrible conditions."

Well if al's left peg isn't I certainly am. Equating people to chickens is ridiculous. I also am not a vegetabalist and decline to use Bernard Matthews produce after seeing the way the birds were treated. But comments like Morriseys are asinine and no help at all, I'll agree "What a fool".

Forum Editor 16:54 28 Jul 2011

"to most vegetarians the wholesale slaughter of animals for KFC & McDonalds is just the same as, or even worse than, the massacre of the youths in Norway."

I don't think I've seen a more ridiculous statement in my life.

If it's true (and I'm quite sure it isn't) 'most vegetarians' are in serious need of a few more brain cells.

interzone55 17:24 28 Jul 2011

Well I guess I must hang around with some of the more radical vegetarians who put the rights of animals to the forefront, because they're unable to defend themselves, but then again they're mostly Smiths fans...

userious? 19:02 28 Jul 2011

The first time I saw Morrisey it was on TOTPs and I thought he was a comedy act, couldn't believe he was serious......still dont.

Forum Editor 19:41 28 Jul 2011

"....radical vegetarians who put the rights of animals to the forefront, because they're unable to defend themselves..."

I doubt that the young people who were mown down on a Norwegian island had much chance to defend themselves either.

Colin 20:02 28 Jul 2011

I suppose he'll say anything to get noticed now that his career is next to zero. I remember his songs from the early 80's., I really enjoyed them but didn’t care for his politics. I think I heard Terry Christian saying “love the art, but hate the artist". Very true for many things.

ams4127 20:04 28 Jul 2011

I cannot believe that someone is seriously equating the life of a chicken with the life of a human child.

Daer God above....

Joseph Kerr 21:10 28 Jul 2011

Morrissey being an idiot? Twas ever thus.

carver 22:34 28 Jul 2011

I wonder how that idiot would feel if it had been one of his children who was for the sake of a better word slaughtered on that island.

I've always thought veggies are lacking a few brain cells he just proves it, in his case I think every brain cell he ever had must have committed suicide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?