More changes looming for F1 cars

TopCat® 17:00 21 Dec 2010

More like a major overhaul, it seems to me. And I note there's no mention yet of an electric-powered beast in the line-up either. :o) TC. click here

userious? 19:09 21 Dec 2010

Still be follow the leader.

rdave13 19:35 21 Dec 2010

Isn't science wonderful?

" Still be follow the leader. "
Possibly, then possibly, not.
We'll have to wait and see, won't we?

OTT_B 20:43 21 Dec 2010

Could be interesting, but as with all these proposed changes coming in over the next few years (esp the engine proposals), I get worried that F1 will lose its crown as the pinnacle of motorsport.

As rdave13 says, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

Quickbeam 06:50 22 Dec 2010

F1 rule changes seem to change with the weather, which in the present times is hourly. The regs for motorcycle speedway haven't changed in decades, yet it's still a highly competitive sport.

morddwyd 08:26 22 Dec 2010

Lay gown engines?

Dirt deflectors?

Quickbeam 09:59 22 Dec 2010

Lay down engines in speedway aren't new click here and the dirt deflectors are just to stop the public from the fun of getting their hair full of cinders:)

This vintage JAP speedway model click here isn't much different to what's in use today click here

interzone55 10:04 22 Dec 2010

F1 will always be the pinnacle of motorsport as the manufactures constantly strive to make the cars as fast as possible within the current rules.

The new changes will make the cars more economical, currently they manage around 3mpg which is stunning considering the fact that they're pulling around 18,000 rpm for 90 minutes. The changes should also bring down the costs of the sport from mental to merely stupendous.

These changes look like they'll make the racing more exciting as well, as overtaking should be easier with less downforce from the wings and more from the underfloor...

Strawballs 12:34 22 Dec 2010

The mention of electic F1 I think it is only a matter of time if the Jaguar concept car is anything to go by, not pure electric but uses micro gas turbine engine to drive generator to drive 4 electric engines click here

Quickbeam 13:13 22 Dec 2010

Surely Scalextric have a technological head start in this field?

interzone55 13:40 22 Dec 2010

"Surely Scalextric have a technological head start in this field?"

Which is fine if the drivers want to head skywards on every bend...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?