Money Talks?

morddwyd 07:14 22 Sep 2009

Donald Trump has received`planning permission for land he doesn't own, and is expected to apply for compulsory purchase orders to ensure he does own it.

click here

This can't be right surely?

If the land was needed for vital industry expansion, or housing, or even major roads, maybe, but not for a golf course.

This is not what compulsory purchase powers are for is it?

Quickbeam 07:54 22 Sep 2009

What's new...?

spuds 11:39 22 Sep 2009

Donald Trump as attracted much media input over the past few years regarding golf courses in Scotland. In the last report that I read, it gave the impression that Donald Trump never says never!.

jakimo 15:07 22 Sep 2009

From the councils point of view Trumps proposal is probably the only expansion plan which will bring much needed employment to the area and is probably the only offer to hand,already owning a house there may not be such a bad thing

PalaeoBill 20:07 22 Sep 2009

I fear that this will end in tragedy. The householders are just as determined to stay as Mr Trump is to remove them.

Stuartli 20:58 22 Sep 2009

This and others are now fairly old stories.

Forum Editor 22:56 22 Sep 2009

in order to apply for a planning consent.

Of course money talks - it would be a very odd world if it didn't.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:18 23 Sep 2009

Most over-used and inaccurate phrase of the century. If you were offered £100,000 for your car instead of £10,000, you would be biting the purchaser's hand off. It is not money that talks, it is people's expectations and aspirations that are doing the talking, money is just the physical proof.

G

Monoux 07:20 23 Sep 2009

My money talks -- usually says "Bye"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?