A mole has taken up residence in my flower bed

lotvic 23:16 22 May 2015
Answered

It will have to go. I have a definite molehill in a raised flower bed, and an entrance hole about the size of a golf ball a couple of feet away, appeared this week, none of neighbours have them.

Any suggestions for how to persuade the mole to move elsewhere?

Or should I put some sort of poison down? although I am a bit loathe to kill it.

hzhzhzhz 00:46 23 May 2015
Answer

The easiest way is to get a qualified experienced pest controller.

wee eddie 01:14 23 May 2015

A mole is a sign that the flower bed is healthy and it will aerat the soil

morddwyd 08:56 23 May 2015

Ultrasonic is more humane

click here

lotvic 10:23 23 May 2015

I think I'll get a pest controller in before it gets chance to breed and I end up overrun with the pesky characters.

bumpkin 12:00 23 May 2015

Wnen I called local council pest control about 5yrs ago it cost me £80.

Aitchbee 14:20 23 May 2015
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:59 23 May 2015
  Brumas 15:03 23 May 2015

You could always start breeding them and then you would be able to make yourself a pair of moleskin trousers - I know, it was pathetic but hey ho ;o}

lotvic 18:36 23 May 2015

After consulting a pest controller (phone), I was not impressed.

So now I have been to local shop (that stocks everything and more) and bought a mole trap for a fiver. Watched a couple of YouTube Vids first and am soaking the trap in rainwater to get rid of the 'human' smell (apparently if mole gets a whiff of that he digs a detour around the trap).

Thanks HB for the musical accompaniment and as for FB's Jasper Carrot sketch, I was in stitches, which will come in useful for making the trousers as per Brumas suggestion.

I'll let you know how things progress. Can't do any worse than Jasper did ;)

lotvic 18:44 23 May 2015

I also thank bumpkin for the cost estimate, not far wrong just a bit more now with inflation... Hence I'm having a go myself with a trap for a fiver :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?