Mohammed Al Fayed sells Harrods!

Uboat 10:30 08 May 2010

Wow i wonder why he would sell such a profitable business.?

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:38 08 May 2010

'Wow i wonder why he would sell such a profitable business.?'....he is 77 years old - perhaps a clue there.

G

michaelw 10:41 08 May 2010

He's only made a £885 million profit in 25 years! He should have bartered for more.

Forum Editor 10:44 08 May 2010

a cheque for £1.5 billion. He doesn't have to give another thought to profitable business for the rest of his life.

Forum Editor 10:54 08 May 2010

In 25 years he has made many millions out of Harrods. The sale price is simply the (very thick) icing on the cake.

His family has taken around £175 million from the business in the past five years alone,and £113 million in the four years before that. Last year Mohammed had a £74 million dividend all to himself.

We're talking about a seriously rich individual.

Uboat 11:29 08 May 2010

GANDALF age doesnt mean they want to stop earning or working...here is a fine and dandy example

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:41 08 May 2010

He has collected £squillions over the years in divi payments from what is effectively a corner shop. He has still not been 'accepted' by The Establishment in spite of what could be considered as a time-consuming but singularly heroic effort over the years. He was offered a shed load of money (aka £1.5 billion) to trouser in his capacious pockets. He has remaining 'issues' over the death of his son. He is 77 and I have to say, looking a bit ragged around the edges.
I think it's pretty clear that I do not need rare examples of old fossils clinging grimly onto their earthly spoils whilst awaiting the call of The Grim Reaper.

G

Uboat 12:08 08 May 2010

Gandalf lol tru tru! :-)

jakimo 12:41 08 May 2010

He`s probably woken up to the fact that at 77 he will never get a British passport,be excepted by British society,or become a lord..the only title he will have is being the richest man in the cemetery,so he`s wisely decided to sit back and live his life out by enjoying his family and pet Fulham Football Team

Legolas 14:16 08 May 2010

When I worked in London I took a stroll through some of the store. I was very tempted by the Baby Grand Piano at £26,000 but they didn't have a Harrods bag big enough to put it in and I really only wanted the bag, bit of a status symbol a Harrods bag ;)))

sunnystaines 14:40 08 May 2010

it was much better before he bought it out, perhaps the new owner will clean up all that tacky egyption stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?