Model Aircraft

Curio 19:17 08 Dec 2009

Modelling at its best. What a demo!
click here

johndrew 19:42 08 Dec 2009

Excellent model, excellent flying.

I do have a problem with a B-29 doing barrel rolls, stall turns, half loop roll outs, what looked like a bunt and inverted low level passes; that bit was not in the clearance for the full size aircraft!!!!

sunnystaines 20:38 08 Dec 2009

knew someone who bought an expensive model kit, after completion took it out for maiden flight, it landed in a tree.

he went home to collect a ladder on return it was gone. someone got a ladder quicker.

he never bought another one after that.

morddwyd 20:58 08 Dec 2009

"a B-29 doing barrel rolls, stall turns, half loop roll outs, what looked like a bunt and inverted low level passes; that bit was not in the clearance for the full size aircraft!!!!"

In the clearance or not, there are those who managed to evade massed attacks by Me 109s who will tell you that the old girl was capable of all that, and more!

dagbladet 21:59 08 Dec 2009

"a B-29 doing barrel rolls, stall turns, half loop roll outs, what looked like a bunt and inverted low level passes...there are those who managed to evade massed attacks by Me 109s who will tell you that the old girl was capable of all that, and more!"

I get your gist but...no.

Chegs ®™ 12:59 09 Dec 2009

I recall spending weeks building a rubber band powered kit,the first completion the dog chewed,the second my Dad sat on,the third my Mother bashed the door into it(I'd put it on top of the wardrobe so as to avoid any more damage)I carefully arranged the CoG before taking it to the nearby school for its inaugural flight,wound up the motor and launched from the corner of the playing field so it had plenty of open ground to land upon.......only it didnt land,it sailed out over the valley and was last seen heading in the direction of Scotland. :)

I still have several model aircraft,but they all are radio controlled so there's less chance of them leaving the country. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?