Mobile Site - Badly designed Advert

wee eddie 13:10 30 May 2014

The new Samsung Advert is so badly designed (very pretty though) that it makes the PCA Mobile Site almost impossible to use.

FE, please try it somewhere there are not metropolitan Download Speeds available.

Using such Copy is counter productive, as it drives people from the website and generates negative feedback for the Advertiser.

mart7 14:10 30 May 2014

Wee eddie

i agree it covers three quarters of the page its a damn nuisance,if you click the cross the ad disappears only to return should you click on anything else

wee eddie 14:45 30 May 2014

Mart: The Cross Button only seems to work during a brief period that the motion parts of the Advert are not running.

Otherwise it freezes the site.

I can't help thinking that if the Site of a Computer Magazine, that purports to be at the cutting edge, is so negligent in testing the offerings that their Advertising Agencies give them, what credence are to give to their other Testing Articles.

carver 15:15 30 May 2014

wee eddie just tried to access the site on my Samsung mobile and that advert takes 2/3rds of the screen up and slows it right down to unusable.

Notice just come up Samsung phone and says "unfortunately,internet has stopped"

cream. 19:08 30 May 2014

"How else PCA are gonna earn cash"

That's true but what the programmers who flood the site with irritating adverts don't seem to understand, is that it is exactly as wee eddie says

" and generates negative feedback for the Advertiser "

rdave13 19:19 30 May 2014

Windows phone, it shows up as a box, covering most of the site as said, but on tapping the 'X' also takes time to remove.

wee eddie 20:45 30 May 2014

As I see it, the Wiz Kids at the Advertising Agency have done the glamorous bit by making a pretty advert but can't then be arsed to put in the hard work and make it usable for us, the Punters!

wee eddie 20:50 30 May 2014

Beta: I have no problem with advertising so long as it doesn't hijack the prime function of theSite. That is what this Advert is doing

Al94 00:08 31 May 2014

The mobile site is a disfunctional mess. Try viewing the last page on a long thread, you will give up the will to live before you get to the most recent posts, all for the want of a "last page" button.

simonjary 08:43 31 May 2014

Hi, guys.

I've just seen the over-bearing Samsung ad on the mobile site, and it's definitely not meant to behave like that.

I'll contact our Ad Operations team and see if it can be stopped until it works properly.

Thanks for your patience.

Simon

Publisher, PC Advisor

wee eddie 12:21 31 May 2014

Thanks SJ.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?