Mobile prefixes abroad

Picklefactory 13:09 06 Apr 2011

Thought about placing in mobile world, but it's as much travel related as mobile so here I am.

Off to Europe on Friday to meet a relative from the US. We arranged to use mobiles just to find each other (Not for expensive chat) but I've just thought about prefixes.
I know well enough that to call a UK mobile from abroad is Int code plus phone number less the first 0, so for my phone it would be (+44)7790 ######, but am I correct in assuming exactly the same applies for a US based mobile. His mobile number begins 813, anyone know if I'm correct to dial (+1)813.
S'pose I can just trial and error it when I'm there, but happier if I know my facts in advance.

Thanks

Blackhat 13:41 06 Apr 2011

This link might be of some help.
click here

Picklefactory 14:26 06 Apr 2011

Thanks both
Blackhat
I actually tried that one myself, too.

I suppose I should really have been asking if US mobile numbers are to be treated the same as any other US number. I call the states regularly from home, but just wasn't sure on the mobile front, or should I say cell phone?
In hindsight, I don't see why they would be any different, so I think the +1 should do it.

I'll hang on a little while longer before resolving, in case anyone has anything else to add, but it sounds like we're all on the same page.

Thanks both

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?