Mobile phones and cancer

carver 09:00 25 Jul 2008

I was reading this click here

and didn't realize just how young children start to use mobile phones until I read the bit about his top ten tips

click here

It's scary to think how they get the phone in the first place.

John B 09:21 25 Jul 2008

the second link seems to be a load of nonsense (in my opinion).

spuds 09:44 25 Jul 2008

The question regarding cellphone safety is an ongoing affair in some quarters. Some schools have now discontinued using radio masts ( a good extra revenue and funding gatherer) on their property, due to confusing expert reports.

Most police forces have a new telecommunications network, and in some quarters there are doubts about the possible medical side effects. I know my own local police force have had questions asked, when two police officers died through cancer related illnesses, and the use of mobile close contact communications equipment.

laurie53 19:52 25 Jul 2008

Here we go again.

Al94 20:23 25 Jul 2008

How about this click here ?

Forum Editor 22:47 25 Jul 2008

cautions mobile phone users should not to let a lack of evidence stop them from taking immediate action."

"We shouldn't wait for a definitive study to come out, but err on the side of being safe rather than sorry later,"

Ah, I see.... so no evidence,and no definitive study, despite years and years of scientific investigations, but we should all pay heed to what this man says, just because he's a cancer doctor......who bases his warnings on absolutely no evidence.

Stuartli 00:11 26 Jul 2008

In August 2000 I bought a Philips Savvy mobile phone for emergency purposes, which I used for some four years - the manual contains the warning in the Security Precautions section to:

"Avoid touching the antenna while a call is in progress.

"Do not use your phone if the antenna is damaged (risk of minor skin burn)."

Somewhat worrying, although I did only use it for emergency purposes.

Chegs ®™ 06:45 26 Jul 2008

Other recommendations include avoiding mobile phone use in public, "where you can passively expose others to your phone's electromagnetic fields."

Dear god,the mans a pillock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?