mininova

Zero G 12:44 17 Feb 2007

Not used this site before click here
Is it any good or just a place to get a pc virus from??

Kate B 12:47 17 Feb 2007

Torrents are a bit safer than stuff that comes via Limewire as the file that arrives on your PC is made up of zillions of bits cobbled together from lots of other PCs rather than one potentially infected file. But scan a download before you do anything with it; and bear in mind the caveat that although many torrents are perfectly legal game patches etc, many are music and movie files that breach copyright.

A good torrent client is utorrent click here

royalflush 03:17 18 Feb 2007

Zero ive used it for AGES & Ages you can as Kate states get many many programs/files/ect its much safer than limewire/frostwire ect which i have used for ages as well,the only thing that Mininova dont do that limewire ect does is lets u preview the music or whatever file ur d/loading (but u cant look at a program just music/films ect)still tread with care, there about (in my experiance) 95% pure files meaning there the true file so what u see is what ur getting kinda thing but there is some "Dirty Rats" amongst them that have "Backdoors" ect, ive NEVER scanned my pc after every file as i use a but of common sense before i d/load this dont mean to say that ive never had a issue its just that i would advise if ur going to use the Torrent a lot then scan ur pc at least twice a week...hope this helps...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?