mild rant

jaritch 15:14 24 Jan 2006

Hope this is not seen by the Forum Editor as a taboo subject. But I have just been on the blueyonder homepage and saw a link which says "Who will England face in Euro 2008". In case you haven't guessed by now I am from Scotland, and while I will be interested (believe it or not) to see who England will face in Euro 2008. I will be more interested to see who Scotland will face.

Another example of a "national" company assuming everyone is from England. Before anyone assumes I am ant- English that couldn't be further from the truth, many of my work colleagues and friends are from South of the border. It just annoys me when companies can't see past it.

Sorry... feel better now that I have ranted. I have let blueyonder know my feelings.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:33 24 Jan 2006

Where is Scotland?

G

jaritch 15:41 24 Jan 2006

That is a good question Gandalf. I'll tell you if you can tell me where middle earth is...

Forum Editor 16:22 24 Jan 2006

I'm Welsh.

Belatucadrus 16:26 24 Jan 2006

click here_(CT) it appears to be a small town in Connecticut, though why they're in Euro 2008 remains unclear.

Belatucadrus 16:30 24 Jan 2006

Drat drat and double drat, foiled by the auto link you can either stick the _(CT) back on the end of the url or click here

MidgetMan 16:45 24 Jan 2006

Your welsh?

So Sorry :>)

Mr Mistoffelees 17:05 24 Jan 2006

We are being invaded by Celts.

tasslehoff burrfoot 18:02 24 Jan 2006

Midgetman

<<Forum Editor
<<Your welsh?
<<so sorry :>)

The Forum Editor's welsh what?

Forum Editor 18:08 24 Jan 2006

thanks. I haven't lived in Wales since I was ten years old, and to all intents and purposes I am a Southern Counties Englishman. Nevertheless, blood is thicker than water, as they say, and I know how offensive some people can be when they get started.

The next person who cracks a so-called joke about any nationality will find themselves unable to login again.

freaky 19:34 24 Jan 2006

freaky (born and bred in S.Wales).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires