Mikaeel Kular found dead.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:56 18 Jan 2014
Answered

I said to my partner, yesterday, that I thought it had gone too long without finding him, something bad must have happened. I'm saddened to have been proved right, even more so that it appears to have been his mother that was responsible. BBC News.

pavvi 14:26 18 Jan 2014
Answer

The truth is that we don't know what has happened, and I find it very unhelpful when the likes of Sky get hold of leaked information about who has been arrested. It makes it guilty until proved innocent then, which isn't meant to be what our justice system is based on.

Kevscar1 14:40 18 Jan 2014

BBC say the same why no criticism of them

Forum Editor 17:56 18 Jan 2014

"....it appears to have been his mother that was responsible."

That is pure speculation at this juncture, and I do not want to see it repeated, in this or any other thread. The Police are detaining the boy's mother, but that does not mean she has been charged, or even that the Police have any reason to suspect her.

Let's wait for some kind of official announcement before we discuss this case. I'm going to lock the thread in the meantime - I'll unlock it again when more is known.

Forum Editor 17:57 18 Jan 2014

Kevscar1

The BBC is not saying the same thing - their report simply says that the mother is being detained by Police.

Forum Editor 17:58 18 Jan 2014

pavvi

Thank you for an injection of commonsense.

Forum Editor 11:19 19 Jan 2014

Mikaeel Kular's mother has been charged in connection with his murder, and discussion can resume if you wish.

Please remember that a charge is not a conviction, however.

Quickbeam 11:48 19 Jan 2014

The unlocking of a contentious thread hasn't happened before.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:02 19 Jan 2014

I think, perhaps, I see things differently to many people because I was abused by my mother. Not really a good reason for an inappropriate thread though.

morddwyd 20:09 19 Jan 2014

I think the locking of Th thread, even temporarily, was penalising the majority because of the (possible) infractions of the few.

Of course there are legal, and good taste, limits on what, and may not, be published, but that doesn't mean you publish nothing at all.

Either remove the post, or if persistent, the member concerned.

Sorry, but in my, personal, view, an overreaction.

Aitchbee 20:19 19 Jan 2014

" The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. " [Mr Spock]

The Forum Editor is the boss and he knows what's right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017