Microsoft windows 7 will let you downgrade

dan11 10:43 10 Apr 2009

to Vista or XP!!!!!!!!!!!

click here

Forum Editor 11:00 10 Apr 2009

and it makes sense. If you buy a new computer the last thing you want is to be forced to use an operating system that is unfamiliar, or that you don't like.

Personally I'll be sticking with Windows 7 - I've been running the beta for a while now, and I'm very impressed. It's rock steady and very easy to use....and that's a beta version. I can quite understand those who would rather stick with something else, however.

anchor 12:27 10 Apr 2009

FE: I have no doubt that Win 7 is an excellent system. However, the reason I have not changed to Vista is that drivers are not available for most of my hardware. Possibly some of my software programmes may have problems too. I feel sure the same will be true for Win 7.

I find Win-XP, with the latest service packs, is also rock steady & easy to use, and everything works!. The news that future PC`s may be available with XP is music to my ears.

perpetual motion 20:30 10 Apr 2009

FE ive got vista ultimate 64 & i regret spending the money TBH, ive also got XP Pro (Genuine) so i might be selling my vista disc back on ebay soon(Retail version) i tried W7 & loved it BUT i was having a few issues with loggin into some sites so i uninstalled it BUT i was still VERY impressed!!

m800afc 09:30 14 Apr 2009

I agree with Anchor. I have a genuine copy of Vista Business but use XP Pro because of the driver problem. I tried 7 beta, for just long enough to discover the driver problems were the same, so uninstalled it.
To be fair, I can't expect printer manufacturers to spend time developing new drivers, for out of date printers. I keep hoping that a kindly soul will develop generic drivers for my hardware that will work with Vista/7 but I am not holding my breath. I will stick with XP Pro until all my printers go belly up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone