Microsoft unveils revolutionary device

jimv7 09:19 03 Jun 2007
  Forum Editor 09:37 03 Jun 2007

They'll be on the market this Christmas - at least in america they will.

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:55 03 Jun 2007

like this is the fingermark problem - just how annoying do you find it when your pristine screen has had some fingermarks on it. Now multiply that by a thousand. Maybe it's just me!

Totally-braindead 11:36 03 Jun 2007

Now that has true WOW quality, I know some of you might disagree with me but I didn't see the WOW with Vista it was more sort of, thats nice, but no WOW but this thing. WOW I want one.

- Goes to sob in corner because he realises he'll never be able to afford it -

Forum Editor 13:13 03 Jun 2007

You might be surprised. Remember how, some time back everyone said they would never be able to afford a colour laser printer, or a laptop, or a DVD writer, or an LCD monitor?

All these devices began life being prohibitively expensive, and now, as sales volumes have risen and manufacturing costs have fallen they're more affordable.

The same will apply to this technology. and because it's such a desirable device I think costs will tumble pretty quickly.

Ranger 13:48 03 Jun 2007

Saw that on the BBC news "click" it looked awesome

skeletal 19:28 03 Jun 2007

Ho hum...

I see it is Vista based, therefore, at least in my case, it will crash when it is turned on!!

Skeletal

Forum Editor 00:08 04 Jun 2007

really is amazing when you think about it. Just a few years back it would have been unimaginable, yet here it is, not far from being on the market.

I have slight reservations about the table-top format, I'm not sure how easy it would be to actually do any work on a horizontal surface. Angle it slightly however, and configure it to sit on a desktop and I will be very interested.

Si_l 00:28 04 Jun 2007

Its interesting to see how we, in reality, move on to what we dream the future will be like. This new technology: the first thing it reminded me of was Minority Report, a film set in 2050 or so, and where Anderton works, there is a screen, and he uses a glove with sensors on to move things about the screen. It was good imagination and computer graphics, who knows, this could happen. It wouldn't surprise me, just look how far computing has come in the last 25 years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?