Microsoft Employee & Virus?

corc2 13:11 15 May 2005

My mates computer has crashed after he downloaded some updates from Microsoft and when he contacted the person who built his computer, he said that a disgruntled Microsoft Employee had deliberately attached some kind of virus to an official update and it had affected a lot of computers in the same way - not allowing computer to boot up.

It sounds like b******s to me but does anyone know anything different?

Forum Editor 13:35 15 May 2005

We have a rule about it, and if you do it again you'll find your thread being deleted.

Having said that, you're right - it's nonsense. All Microsoft updates are stringently checked before going live, and the chances of a disgruntled employee being able to slip a virus in without anyone knowing are next to nil. Even if the one-in-a-million chance did come up, the problem would be spotted, and the update taken offline within hours.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:50 15 May 2005

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

G

bremner 17:21 15 May 2005

Unless it is a USB Devil Duck click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:45 15 May 2005

Got to get a devil duck :)

Pooke100 22:46 15 May 2005

but if they did they'd probably be the best ducks in the world.

Seriously though, I doubt that would ever happen. It's the guy that built his computer trying to fob him off or something.

corc2 00:09 16 May 2005

I'd better duck off now. I don't want to get into any ducking trouble by ducking swearing. I did think it was just the guy trying to fob my mate off though. Ta muchly

Duck me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017