Microsoft call centre staff are....

Diodorus Siculus 19:38 24 Nov 2006

... the most polite I have ever spoken to.

I called three times in the last week to activate XP for a friend (after a series of disasters) and each time the representative was amazingly polite and helpful.

Colin 19:43 24 Nov 2006

I had to ring Microsoft once when an XP installation could not be activated online. The lady I spoke to was one of the most polite and enthusiastic people I have ever spoken to. No doubt it's forced, but it's an attitude I'm sure customers prefer to hear.

Diodorus Siculus 19:51 24 Nov 2006

That was my experience Colin; I too wish every call centre had a similar attitude.

Mind you, I think that some call centres have a lot worse to deal with - my last experience was trying to help someone get an electricity meter key sorted and it wasn't much fun!

Anyway, whatever people say about MS, they have good customer relations.

knockin on 13:48 25 Nov 2006

Why say
'No doubt it's forced'?
There are lots of courteous and pleasant people around who enjoy doing their jobs well. There is no reason why they shouldn't work for Microsoft. They probably find that, in the main, those of us who call them respond better ourselves, so good psychology as well as manners

Colin 15:26 25 Nov 2006

Forced is probably too strong a word. I meant to say a bit artificial or words along those lines. In any case, I was very happy with the call!

Forum Editor 15:30 25 Nov 2006

when they speak to a Microsoft helpdesk. The company has spent a great deal of time and money on staff training, and it shows.

CurlyWhirly 14:26 26 Nov 2006

I've only had to ring Microsoft on one occasion which was when I had to reactivate my copy of XP as (apparently) I had made too many hardware changes.

I found the agent very friendly and only to eager to help.

I think that some call centres could take a leaf out of Microsoft's book on customer service.

hijo 00:23 27 Nov 2006

when i give my pc a low level format as you all know i need to re-install the "OS" many times ive tried to do it online when ive installed my modem driver but about 9 out of 10 times i have to call them,i belive everytime ive called them it sounds like its a call centre in Asia but omg there realy nice people very clear & very patient,so yeah i'll go with "Diodorus Siculus" there about the best ive ever had to deal with....

hijo 00:24 27 Nov 2006

opp's i made a misstake i mean when i want to activate my XP not to re-install it,so i can get all the updates...doh

WhiteTruckMan 00:35 27 Nov 2006

MS callcentre staff always seem good to deal with. In fairness I must point out that I've worked a tech support function in a callcentre and you do respond a lot to the callers general tone and attitude, so I go out of my way to create a friendly call experience. Doesnt always work with offshore callcentres , but what can you do? Anyway, full marks to MS on this one.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?