Mayor of London Swearing

finerty 13:13 01 May 2012

naughty naughty boris caught swearing on the BBC

Boris Jonson swearing

Now what kind of mayor do we really have..... a boffin or a swear motor mouth........

interzone55 13:16 01 May 2012

Hands up anyone who doesn't swear occasionally

finerty 13:17 01 May 2012

on tv i wonder if he get away with it in a bank or to the police.

john bunyan 13:27 01 May 2012

In theory the police now cannot "get" you for swearing: See Mr Justice Bean

Aitchbee 14:10 01 May 2012

I think the wind blowing his hair on the BBC clip might have pushed him over the edge...it was just a bad hair day!

Mr Mistoffelees 14:50 01 May 2012

He had probably had enough of an overly aggressive interviewer.

bremner 16:37 01 May 2012

john bunyan

Simply swearing at a police officer has never really been an offence. It would be a delicate wall flower of a PC who was harassed, alarmed or distressed simply by a yob swearing at them.

Swearing at a police officer when someone nearby could be caused harassment alarm or distress was and still is. In that case the judge ruled that the only people nearby, a group of youths would not have been so caused.

john bunyan 17:30 01 May 2012

bremner

I am not condoning in any way swearing at the police. I could not be one as my lack of tolerance of such behaviour would soon get me into trouble. The lack of respect shown by some to the police appals me and I fully support them in every way. I think that the judge was wrong on this one.

Forum Editor 17:51 01 May 2012

What a shock!

The Mayor of London reveals that he's just like millions of other people, and gives way to a sense of frustration - he swore. He shouldn't have done it to camera, but he did.

He's human - it's made me even more determined to vote for him on Thursday.

lotvic 17:57 01 May 2012

I like Boris, he livens things up a bit which always makes me smile :)

wee eddie 18:14 01 May 2012

Boris is a Premier League Toff and I'm not keen of many of his ideas either.

But give the Bloke his due, he doesn't see much need to mince his words and I think that there are times when it can be advantageous to highlight a particular thought, with a well chosen expletive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?