Massive Tower Block Fire in London

Govan1x 06:37 14 Jun 2017

Massive Tower Block Fire in London and not looking good for many of the residents.

Click Here

Forum Editor 07:13 14 Jun 2017

This is a nightmare scenario, and it could get much worse if the tower block collapses, as some experts fear.

Quickbeam 07:31 14 Jun 2017

I woke up to this at 7, and just listening to a fire service spokesman that say the first call was 12.54 and by the time the first responders arrived, it was already out of control.

Residents report that no fire alarm was heard. I would have thought that sprinklers would have been activated.

It's looking like a major fire safety failure will have to be investigated.

Govan1x 07:39 14 Jun 2017

Having seen it in daylight it looks ready for collapsing. I think firemen as brave as they are should not be allowed inside.

But firemen being firemen who knows what they will do.

The A40 is closed and some tubes stations are having problems so looks like there are going to be massive delays there for a while.

Of course the main concern will be occupants and of course how the fire started.

If the building collapses they may never know the cause.

BT 08:51 14 Jun 2017

What strikes me is just how helpless the Fire Brigade is when presented with a situation like this. Their hoses can only reach less than halfway up. The fire is so intense that they probably can't get in to make use of Dry Risers. They just have to contain what they can and let it burn. I don't know whether there were sprinklers in this building but the chances are only in the communal areas, so probably not much use.

Al94 09:06 14 Jun 2017

Fire alarms didn't work, building recently clad in non fire retardant materials causing rapid spread of fire, residents groups warning council of concerns. Simply astounding.

Quickbeam 09:28 14 Jun 2017

Residents are convinced that it's related to current gas supply work.

Govan1x 09:34 14 Jun 2017

Quickbeam surely they don't have gas supplies in Multi story buildings I would have thought that they would have been all electric.

But of course i am probably wrong on that assumption.

Quickbeam 09:41 14 Jun 2017

That's what some residents have said.

wee eddie 10:11 14 Jun 2017

I thought that that had been sorted after Ronan Point

Quickbeam 10:20 14 Jun 2017

It's confirmed the fire alarms didn't sound.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?