Massive EE 4G outage

Quickbeam 10:14 04 Dec 2014

Is anyone else affected by this?

Huge areas including most of Yorkshire have been out for two days, but not much explanation other than 'yes, we know about it', from EE!

spuds 11:20 04 Dec 2014

"but not much explanation other than 'yes, we know about it',"

This can sometimes happen, and in some cases its just a mystery for the service provider as the customer. I have had this on a number of occasions with my ISP TalkTalk and BT OpenReach.

Quickbeam 08:42 05 Dec 2014

An outage of over 48 hours isn't something that I consider to be simply waved aside with "This can sometimes happen, and in some cases its just a mystery for the service provider as the customer" reasoning.

It's back on now, no email apology or explanation for the loss of what's now considered to be an essential communication highway.

Pine Man 13:11 05 Dec 2014

Near where I live recently, on the south coast, an EE signal has rarely been available. According to the EE shop two weeks ago - 'A mast is down'. According to EE on the phone two weeks ago - 'We are aware of the problem it will be fixed in 7 days.

Yesterday the problem was still the same!

How is it today? Don't know. Don't care. I've changed to o2 and have no problem at all!!!

spuds 14:44 05 Dec 2014

"what's now considered to be an essential communication highway."

Quite agree, but try telling that to the regulator who seems to make many threats, but very little action. BBC Watchdog often airs complaints from people trying to get good service, who are being ignored.

And its even made worst, when BT OpenReach refuses to speak to anyone or provide a direct contact link for complaints. All complaints and any progress reports have to be done via your own service provider, who in turn might not have the answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?