Marmite love it or hate it

hssutton 11:10 20 Mar 2013

New Zealand. Crisis that became known across the country as "marmageddon".

I can't stand the smell, so I've never tasted it, but in downtown Wellington buyers are being restricted to just two jars. How do you rate it?

Marmite New Zealand

wiz-king 17:50 21 Mar 2013

Marmite mouse

michaelw 09:07 22 Mar 2013

On a cold and frosty morning after walking the hounds, feeding the chickens and milking our cow I get home to hot crumpets which the wife has toasted over the open fire. Butter and marmite dripping down from the soldiers onto the yokes of brown eggs lightly boiled. Nice.

john bunyan 09:29 22 Mar 2013

michaelw

Do you ever entertain visitors at breakfast, by any chance? (Maybe from the forum)

Quickbeam 10:04 22 Mar 2013

There's a PCA Marmite breakfast club...?

Quickbeam 10:07 22 Mar 2013

For the record, I had two slices of wholemeal toast. One with butter and honey, t'other with bitter marmalade only. Two cups of strong coffee, no sugar, only a fright of milk and the dog had a carrot.

Neither of us had Marmite...

BT 12:33 22 Mar 2013

"...and the dog had a carrot."

Many years ago we had a dog that loved carrots, she would dig them up from the garden. She also loved cucumber, cabbage stalks and raw potato. Dog food - not keen on it at all. My mother would get cheap offal from the butcher and cook it for her.

spuds 12:44 22 Mar 2013

Cheap offal- there's no much of that around nowadays, the same with sheep's heads and tongue, most is now exported, which the UK slaughterhouses cannot understand why the change of eating habits?.

Quickbeam 12:53 22 Mar 2013

They've probably bought all the offal up for replacing the horsemeat.

Quickbeam 12:54 22 Mar 2013

Either that or the canteen at the house of commons is going to start offaling humble pie...

onthelimit1 16:55 22 Mar 2013

Now this is what I call thread drift!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?