Marmaris Turkey

Shopgirl 00:33 06 May 2012

My best friend Margaret is 72 years old. She is a very fit 72 year old.She has been going to Turkey on her own. Since 2009 she has been to Turkey fourteen times on her own.Spending six weeks there at a time twice a year. Her mother is 92 years old and is still very much alive. On Margarets last visit she was on the back of a scooter. I hope if I reach 72 that I will be like her. My friends call my friend "The Young Joan Collins "

rdave13 00:43 06 May 2012

A very fortunate lady. Nice story.

Shopgirl 00:53 06 May 2012

rdave13 It is a nice story. She goes to Turkey because all her friends are working and she is lonely. Her mother stays in Edinburgh. She visits her before she goes to Turkey.

zzzz999 08:03 06 May 2012

I love Turkey and have been on Holiday to Marmaris and Icmeler (next resort) about 8 times. I must admit, however, I have never had the courage to get on a scooter on those roads. Well done the lady in question.

morddwyd 10:39 06 May 2012

I must get out more.

When I saw the thread I thought, "Marmaris Turkey? Is that like Norfolk Bronze?"

Duuh!

My wife, also 72, is very jealous. Wheelchair bound after two strokes she was still on the back of the bike riding round Germany until the second one (she'd have been on the front, but the first one put paid to that!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?