Marmaris Resort Turkey

Shopgirl 22:49 19 Jul 2011

My friend Margaret went to Turkey two weeks ago. She is there for another four weeks. I was looking at the weather for Marmaris Turkey on the bbc website. Its over 100f there this week. What are your views on this type of climate. Good or bad. Looking forward to your views.

canarieslover 22:57 19 Jul 2011

Don't know how good or bad it is but I have also been watching it as my son and partner are going there this weekend for a couple of weeks and we are going there mid September. We have just come back from Fuengirola where it was reaching mid 90's during the day and we survived that O.K. You just have to remember to protect your skin, especially your head, and stay well hydrated. I don't think I would like it any hotter than that.

Aitchbee 22:59 19 Jul 2011

Too hot for me (its over 100 degrees all this week so says beeb website). My tomato plants would love it :0)

morddwyd 07:16 20 Jul 2011

Big strain on the heart - it has to constantly pump the blood supply through the smaller capillaries at the skin to cool it with sweat evaporation.

No problem for a healthy person, but if there is any weakness it may find it.

It is also very uncomfortable and debilitating unless you like that sort of thing!

Covergirl 12:52 20 Jul 2011

Bring it on!!!!

If I had the money to up sticks to a warmer climate, I would.

I heard a cloud expert on the radio this morning - he says clear blue skies everyday get a bit boring. One of the attractions of the UK is the changeable climate.

I been to Marmaris once - very nice place, people, food and climate. I expect the standard of living for the natives is not too good though. However, I would go again tomorrow given half a chance. I would holiday there several times a year given the money. However TOH is not a good flyer.

Quickbeam 13:10 20 Jul 2011

No complaint about the dry 17 degrees C here.

morddwyd 13:39 20 Jul 2011

"clear blue skies everyday get a bit boring. "

I can vouch for that.

I spent two years in South Arabia, Lowest temperature recorded while I was there 87 deg, and that was just a coup[le of times, at night.

It also only rained three times. and on each occasion we all rushed out and stripped to the waist!

Bingalau 13:59 20 Jul 2011

Enjoy it but be aware of the risks. After spending years abroad and thinking that once I was nice and bronzie I would be immune to the effects of the sun. I now find I am continually having to have bits of my skin and flesh removed because of cancer. So take my advice and cover up as much as you can especially your head and face.

ams4127 23:47 20 Jul 2011

Blue skies boring? Oh no! I spent a couple of years in Oman and absolutely loved every minute. Had to stop work when temperature got above 50deg C.

As Covergirl says "Bring it on!!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?