many 'suppliers' one source?

jack 14:14 10 Mar 2008

I have long held the opinion that in the jungle of electricity/gas suppliers- the only real difference is the masthead on the invoice.
The network of pipes and cable that supply to you are owned and operated by National Grid.
The generators and shippers supply to the grid, the
consumer suppliers simply exist to write invoices and make cockups. Even our meters are read by outsourced contractors and the pipeline work is contracted to the doers.
On the one o'clock BBC news today in a piece about energy supply and prices-there was a quick flash of an invoice line printer in action.
As the continuous stationery flowed past the camera I counted at least SIX different supplier logo's
So assuming therefore that We were being shown an 'Outsource' data processor. exactly what is an energy 'supplier' ?

rawprawn 14:48 10 Mar 2008

"As the continuous stationery flowed past the camera I counted at least SIX different supplier logo's"

You are very observant, I watched the same thing and noticed nothing.

lofty29 15:08 10 Mar 2008

Jack
Just the same as all the other middlemen, they buy from the wholesalers and sell to the consumer. before denationalisation, the area boards acted as the middlemen, now private companies operate in the same role, and in the process make profits for shareholders.Whereas before they were making profits for the government. It was stated on one on the news programmes a short while ago that the average difference between suppliers was only about £13per year

jack 15:15 10 Mar 2008

You are very observant, I watched the same thing and noticed nothing.

------------------------------o0o--------------------

Scottish
E-ON
Seeboard
came to mind but other that did not register simply as different.
See if you can catch it later or on BBCNews24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?