Is this man really a contender for PM??

rickf 10:14 19 Jun 2017

click here Watch how he dealt with questions about cuts to fire services. I think he will be the death nail of the Tories if he became leader.He may be very intelligent academically but emotionally stupid.

Aitchbee 10:35 19 Jun 2017

Your link requires a log in or sign up to view the content.

oresome 10:53 19 Jun 2017

It remains to be seen if budget cuts had any impact on the Grenfell disaster.

Certainly a large number of firemen were available, but whether they had suitable appliances readily available and if not was this due to budget cuts, I don't know.

I read that fire inspections have fallen behind and this will be another area for the inquiry to look at.

It can be argued that money is better spent on reducing the fire risk than fighting fires and this seems to have paid dividends over recent years resulting in cuts to the fire service being possible.

I wouldn't vote for Boris as PM and thinks he's unsuitable for FS. Probably more suited to Have I Got News.

Old Deuteronomy 11:31 19 Jun 2017

Boris is a highly intelligent and calculating man and highly dangerous given power. If he gains the Tory leadership soon, he will ensure the Tories are out of government for a long time. So says my partner's daughter, who lectures in politics at Plymouth University.

rickf 11:37 19 Jun 2017

I agree that he is a dangerous man. Sorry the link requires sign in to F/B. Basically, its a video recording of a London Assembly meeting in which he was asked about cuts to fire services., He response was " Get Stuffed" I am sure there is a link on youtube.

bremner 11:46 19 Jun 2017

"If he gains the Tory leadership soon, he will ensure the Tories are out of government for a long time. So says my partner's daughter, who lectures in politics at Plymouth University".

The political experts have consistently been saying the same about Corbyn and Labour.

So now we could have two potentially unelectable parties due to their leader.

I therefore expect a very large Lib Dem majority at the next election.

john bunyan 11:50 19 Jun 2017

I wish Ruth Davidson would stand for a seat at Westminster. I think she would be a good May replacement. Boris may be clever but is lazy and seen by too many as a "toff" and buffoon.

LastChip 12:14 19 Jun 2017

"So says my partner's daughter, who lectures in politics at Plymouth University."

Give that many Universities are now (almost fanatically) left wing, that's hardy a surprising statement.

Many of the same people said Trump would never become President.

In fact, for me it's becoming an increasing concern that some students are not getting a "proper" (that is balanced) education at University. Of course, there are many good lecturers out there who try very hard to give a proper balanced view of the world, but there are also those who don't and (in my view) should never be teaching. A bias to one side is never a good thing when passing on information.

Govan1x 12:27 19 Jun 2017

Just think what he could buy if he was prime minister. Instead of water cannon what other Toys would he have.

He would be like what Donald Trump is to America could we really go down that route.

Forum Editor 13:50 19 Jun 2017

Being a lecturer in politics doesn't automatically make you an expert on leadership qualities.

Forum Editor 14:01 19 Jun 2017

**oresome"

"It remains to be seen if budget cuts had any impact on the Grenfell disaster"

To be honest, that's not really the point. You can't run a fire service on the basis of it being ready to deal with a fire that was the biggest for many decades.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?