Man Flu or Legionnaires' Disease

Quickbeam 09:33 14 Jun 2010

click here You can now 'big up' your ailment in case you need the day off to see England in the World Cup final...

lotvic 09:44 14 Jun 2010

I like this bit
"the advice to add screenwash was very sound - especially as it would also lead to a cleaner windscreen"
:D

gengiscant 10:18 14 Jun 2010

I am wondering how we are not all dropping like the proverbial fly,I would imagine tiny droplets of water are floating all over the place from inconsiderate drivers cleaning their windscreens with Legionnaires disease infested water.
Should I be concerned about my hot water tank? Thats it I'm taking to my bed.
let me know when it is safe to come out. LOL.

lotvic 12:18 14 Jun 2010

don't let the bedbugs bite ;D

wiz-king 13:05 14 Jun 2010

Your hot water should be HOT, >60 deg and a mixer used to lower the temperature at the bath or shower.

jack 14:30 14 Jun 2010

of the vehicles and big milage drivers at that.
I would imagine however that if the stagnant water
theory is to hold er water then it would apply to all drivers that had the misfortune to drive past or behind a driver applying the screenwasher.
more over then, this could also apply aerosol spray of stagnant water driving through puddles or dripping gutters and the like.

Me thinks this is a bit of 'research' put out by makers/distributors of Screenwash.

peter99co 14:46 14 Jun 2010

Do be careful the screenwasher additive you use is not the sort that turns into blobby specs that can block your jets. Some do this and should be avoided.

Grey Goo 19:03 14 Jun 2010

No mention of stinky aircon.

Chegs ®™ 19:24 14 Jun 2010

I have often been sprayed by the vehicle ahead,as I could smell the screenwash additives yet not detect any physical sensation of water spray on my skin.I presume that if I could smell the screenwash,then I could just as easily have been sprayed as often by plain water washers and not known (until I was dead from legionaires disease)

BT 08:12 15 Jun 2010

It can't help that the screenwash water seems to be a fine spray on modern cars as opposed to the solid jets on older cars.

Bingalau 11:17 15 Jun 2010

I use a screen wash/de-icer additive in my system all year long, it is adjusted to hit the bottom of the screen. It then spreads up-wards as long as the car is moving at a reasonable speed. None of this spraying the vehicles behind, it's expensive stuff. The smell of it permeates through the car and it is quite a nice smell. But I can't figure out how the smell gets in to the cab of the car from the outside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?