making our own bed

Sethhaniel 14:57 02 Nov 2006

click here

Location-based technology has come a long way in a short time. Virtually everyone in the UK carries a mobile phone which can increasingly pinpoint our location to within 100m.
"Three-quarters of us have our whereabouts known by mobile operators and, by extension, law enforcement.

"Data storage is so cheap. It is very easy to collect all of our data, and the fact that it is there means governments will come up with a good list of reasons as to why they need access. Data mining makes it easy for people to nose around in your data,"

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:08 02 Nov 2006

I have nothing to hide so I do not care a bit. Any of my personal information is double dull and if people want to snoop at it then so be it.

G

NIGEY 17:45 02 Nov 2006

Just like to emulate gandalf really, if you have nothing to hide why worry about it?I must be the only person in the uk who doesnt own a mobile phone now!!!
please someone tell me im not alone!!

rdave13 18:02 02 Nov 2006

Are you lonely....;))

NIGEY 19:40 02 Nov 2006

Am i really missing that much, dont feel as i am!

mammak 21:08 02 Nov 2006

Yes although I agree with you I have nothing to hide either but regarding your personal details on your mobile satnav, PDA there is a lot of things on my PDA I wouldnt want just anyone to get hold of and that would be nothing to hide just "my stuff" just a thought.

justme 22:42 02 Nov 2006

You are not alone.

I have problems hearing and absolutely detest using any phone. The thought of being at someone's beck and call no matter where I am is repugnant to say the least.

I can think of very few situations where it would be necessary to contact me immediately. As I used to tell people before I retired from work, "If it is important they will call back. If it is not important why are they calling in the first place."

Of course I could make use of text messages, but the paragraph above also applies to text messages.

rdave13 22:50 02 Nov 2006

"The thought of being at someone's beck and call no matter where I am is repugnant to say the least."
Totally a different outlook to me . I have two daughters, three sons and all varying from 26 years of age down to 20 months.
I also have one grandson.
I'm always at their beck and call!

Z1100 22:53 02 Nov 2006

'cause all around my head I wear the silver tinsel...

Oh! It bu**ers them up good style!
Hanx!
K.

Brumas 23:35 02 Nov 2006

Join the club.
When I tell my son and daughter, and anyone else for that matter,that they are slaves to their mobile phones and are being 'held to ransom' by the phone companies they seem to think it is I who is needs saving - not them!!
Yes I have a mobile phone, the size of the old mars bar, it gathers dust in the glove compartment in the car. I think I have switched it on three times this year, once on a long journey to make sure I arrived at the funeral in time - the other two times to charge it!

BT 08:01 03 Nov 2006

I am at no-ones beck and call with my mobile phone as it is only switched on when I wish to use it. Only three people know the number and the phone is for my convenience when I wish to get in contact with someone when I am not at home. I use my landline when at home as its so much cheaper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?