Making a Difference - I need your help

Nellie2 13:26 04 Feb 2006

I've asked FE if I could post this here, seeing as it is more of a personal campaign of mine.. I hope you will all take a look and point people in my direction if you know they have been affected by this.

Have you been or are you a victim of aggressive spyware pushers? You know the sort, all of a sudden your desktop gets hijacked or you get mad pop ups telling you that your system is infected and the only way to deal with it is to buy their program.

I'm talking about the likes of Spyaxe, Winfixer, SpywareStrike and so on.

A friend of mine, has been waging a campaign to get people to complain about this, after all, a crime is being committed. He has been encouraging people to complain to the Federal Trade Commission click here$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU0 and the Centre for Democracy and Technology click here

He asked if there were some similar organisations in the UK . I've looked into this and there doesn't seem to be. This prompted me to get in touch with my Member of Parliament who I saw yesterday.

See here click here for my write up about it.

So as you see, to carry Nicks campaign forward I need people to comment to my blog... or to post in the new room that ChrisRLG has created at Malware Removal... guests can post. click here

I specifically need information and comments from UK citizens... but anyone who wants to can stand up and be counted. So please post a comment to my blog click here or in the dedicated comment forum at MRU. This is important and the only way we will be able to make a difference is to be pro-active.

Suzi Turner of Spyware Warrior has also blogged about it click here

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Nellie2 13:28 04 Feb 2006

Whoops... try this link for the Federal Trade Commisssion click here

spuds 17:00 04 Feb 2006

Sounds like a very good idea Nellie2. Wish you well with your venture.

fullyfitted 18:27 04 Feb 2006

Nellie2,

Fortunately I've never been infested with this pest but having read some of the threads it sounds to be an unpleasant experience and I wish you well in trying to eradicate it.I'm sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Can I suggest you also post this in the Helproom as I think many members don't brows the other Forums on a regular basis.

Good luck

anskyber 19:20 04 Feb 2006

Yes put it in helproom there are more inmates there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?