Mainly for Scotland

morddwyd 08:27 03 May 2011

Looking at last week's hustings I do get the impression that the only ones not obsessed with independence are the Nationalists. All of the others seem to mention it in every speech.

While it obviously remains the dream (and probably just that) of every member, Salmond is very sensibly keeping a very low profile on it.

I suspect he realises there is no chance of it (assuming the promised referendum materialises) in the next fifty years and is going to make the best of a bad job, and the others are so frightened of him getting an overall majority that they keep raising it as a spectre.

It pains me to say it but Annabel Goldie seems to be the most able politician out of the lot of them (along with Wendy Alexander and Nicola Sturgeon. We'd have seen a different campaign with them as the leaders of their various parties).

Gray is a joke, and Scott no longer has any significance.

(Sits back and awaits flak!)

natdoor 08:42 03 May 2011

Scotland faced financial ruin aftr a sotie on the high seas and agreed to union when England paid their debt. Naturally we will wish to be reapaid if ever Scotland becomes independent. there will also be recompense for the bailing out of RBOS and BOS. £1 trillion should cover it.

morddwyd 09:27 03 May 2011

natdoor

Thank you for your incisive contribution to the debate.

fm

I think you're out of luck there (unless you go go UKIP of course!), even Cameron and Milliband now support it!

Woolwell 15:02 03 May 2011

Is it time to have devolution on this site? A forum for Scottish matters and another for the English?

ps I don't understand smilies and don't like them but would add a tongue in cheek one if I knew how!

morddwyd 17:25 03 May 2011

"A forum for Scottish matters and another for the English? "

Might I ask what you have against us Welsh?

Are you perhaps kin to Anne Robinson?

morddwyd 17:30 03 May 2011

"I'm just trying to work out where the royal wedding comes into this 'Scotland election' thread - can anybody help?"

In exactly the same way that a diamond wedding greetings card from the Queen comes into a thread about the red padlock!

The glorious diversity of the PCA forums!

Aitchbee 17:34 03 May 2011

There is a big TV debate on Scottish Television tonight - it might sway some undecided voters - I will be watch'n.

Woolwell 19:08 03 May 2011

morddwyd

you can have one for the Welsh too but I suppose that would have to be in the Welsh language.

ams4127 19:39 03 May 2011

Oi, you lot....what about us Paddys?!!!

morddwyd 20:18 03 May 2011

"I will be watch'n."

Rather you than me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?