Magazine design AGAIN!

norrisf 17:01 04 Apr 2006

I am not one for liberal praise, but the magazine does seem to be looking really good these days? I really do love some of the photography. What's happened, it would appear your listening? well done!

keith-236134 19:04 04 Apr 2006

There's 2 reasons why i buy PC Advisor, first its a really good imformative mag and second it's price. Does anybody still buy PC Fxxxxt?

ezypcy 19:30 04 Apr 2006

I agree,great photos click here

PC Pro,yes.

Forum Editor 23:41 04 Apr 2006

even if it sometimes appears that we're not. Our readers are our life-blood, and we're acutely aware of it.

That isn't to say that we react in a knee-jerk fashion every time someone doesn't like the colours on a page, but we'll definitely respond to feedback. Personally I think the magazine has never looked better than at present.....but then you would expect me to say that, wouldn't you?

Totally-braindead 00:04 05 Apr 2006

I have to agree the mag is looking well at the moment, there was that one month that parts of a certain article was differcult to read but that was quickly resolved and the next issue was vastly improved. And still a lot of great reading.

Forum Editor 00:11 05 Apr 2006

that it's great to know that our readers feel involved with the magazine. Believe it or not, working with a print publication - at least for me - can at times be a slightly isolating experience. Feedback from readers is a reminder that there are real people at the other end of the process, and I can assure you it's a good feeling.......even if the feedback isn't always complimentary.

Totally-braindead 00:15 05 Apr 2006

Peter I can easily see how working in a publishing organisation could be isolating as you put it, but you have all of us, think of the other poor souls working at the magazine that never see or speak to customers in the real world. If you can count this as the real world I mean.

You are just so very, very lucky.

Don't you feel lucky?

Forum Editor 00:25 05 Apr 2006

Put like that yes, I do feel lucky.

Come to think of it, I have more contact with our readership than does anyone else in the entire company. In fact, now you've mentioned it I'm wondering why I ever felt isolated, even for the briefest moment.

Gosh! There's a lot of love in the room tonight, isn't there?

Kate B 00:27 05 Apr 2006

Isn't there just. The paper stock is excellent, holds the ink and the colours very well. Makes it a pleasure to read.

SG Atlantis® 08:58 05 Apr 2006

It has definately improved a lot, not just appearance but the content too.

norrisf 11:14 05 Apr 2006

Why oh why though has the graphic design team improved some things photography and new products etc but has not improved on some more important things like the reviews which I would imagine is why people buy PC advisor.

More photos of what is being reviewed please.
I still like it though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?