Macworld forum members have joined us

Forum Editor 07:42 25 Nov 2014

Some of you have probably noticed that we have a new forum area - called Apple Help.

The formation of Apple Help was something that was overdue as far as many of you are concerned - you have been asking for an Apple forum for a while. It coincides with the closing of the forum on our sister site MacWorld, and we've extended an invitation to members of that forum to join us here.

I know we can rely on you to extend a warm welcome to our new forum members.

wee eddie 09:09 25 Nov 2014

As the Macworld Staff appear to have joined the PCA Team anyway, I think it is only a matter of time before the magazines merge to retitled Computer Advisor.

And not before time, in my opinion.

I have been reading about Windows 10 in Computeractive. It appears that Microsoft really have lost the plot and paid little attention to the criticisms of W8.

If I am going to have to learn a whole new Operating System, then a switch to a Mac does not seem to be such a big deal

mole1944 13:59 25 Nov 2014

Welcome to the Apple users,we are a nice forum and we will not tolerate my Mac is better than your Windows machine. Other than that welcome,we are friendly don't bite very gentle. If you step out of line F.E. is firm but fair,do not upset him you've been warned lol.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:46 25 Nov 2014

Welcome to the forum

An Apple a day keeps the PC doctor away :0)

spuds 23:34 25 Nov 2014

"If I am going to have to learn a whole new Operating System, then a switch to a Mac does not seem to be such a big deal"

A comment like that might want a few Linux users wanting a part of this forum :O)

Belatucadrus 01:30 26 Nov 2014

Linux users wanting a part of this forum

And why not ? Given the choice of Mint or Windows 8.1 and I currently have to say Mint.

Windows 8.1 is actualy pretty clever if you can get past that bloody fool metro start page and forgive it for scattering much of the stuff you need to obscure corners. From W95 to 7 the interface was logical, designed for computer users by computer users. W8 interface by marketing men and it's bad.

Fortunately most Linux distros now are easy to get to grips with, the days when it was the esoteric playground of nerds who loved faffing about with command lines in the terminal seem a thing of the past.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:34 26 Nov 2014

Belatucadrus

get past that bloody fool metro start page click here much of the stuff you need to obscure corners* use God mode click here

*scattering

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:34 26 Nov 2014

All we need to do now is sort out this sites poor formatting :0)

Quickbeam 07:44 27 Nov 2014

*Fruit Bat /\0/* "An Apple a day keeps the PC doctor away :0)"

Well you would say that, wouldn't you...

Quickbeam 07:46 27 Nov 2014

"All we need to do now is sort out this sites poor formatting :0)"

I have to agree with that, over the last 3 years it's become increasingly apparent that this sites formatting and ease of access has become a great weakness.

Quickbeam 08:13 27 Nov 2014

"Linux users wanting a part of this forum"

I sense a divisive attitude forming already, perhaps in the spirit of welcoming friendship to other OS users, Brumas could post some postcards of unidentified orchards and penguin enclosures;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?