Lower than a snakes guts....

HCOOH 13:24 22 Sep 2007

Just had a letter from the Crematorium where my folks are remembered. It seems that the lure of easy money and the increased value of scrap bronze (for the copper), has resulted in the theft of hundreds of memorial plaques.

The Council concerned are working on a possible alternative to bronze for the future, I hope it's not plastic.

Si_L 13:30 22 Sep 2007

That is absolutely despicable.

Eargasm 13:47 22 Sep 2007

I'm never surprised anymore as to how low some people will stoop!

The same thing happened near us a few weeks ago at Dukinfield Crematorium, £150,000 of damage!

click here

spikeychris 13:48 22 Sep 2007

Not nice and when caught they ought to be punished big time. Don’t forget though they used to steal the entire body back in the day..

spuds 14:19 22 Sep 2007

Theft and vandalism from graves and churches is on the increase. Stealing, damaging and removing lead from church roof's seem to be in our local newspapers headlines on a weekly basis.

Even children's graves with toys and personal sentiments seem to have a theft or destruction value to some people.

When and if the culprit's get caught, what sort of sentence doe's society offer them nowadays.

jack 14:23 22 Sep 2007

A Friend and others living in a McCarthy ans Stone complex watched as individual stripped lead from the entrance foyer one evening- as bold as brass.
Needless to say by the time the police roused themselves he was long gone.

techie4me 15:10 22 Sep 2007

It's a pity the Courts are not more robust in sentencing criminals to be detained.
Most know they will just get a community sentence which is easy to do.
May be rip up the European Human Rights Act & bring back the birch!

Chegs ®™ 15:12 22 Sep 2007

Used to be said "if it weren't screwed down they'd steal it" Now,its stolen even if it is screwed down,weighs a few tons,etc all because its worth a pittance or is a handy tool to use for ripping out an ATM.

sunny staines 18:41 22 Sep 2007

if someone checked the scrapmetal dealers registers kept at each scrap yard by law. i,m sure the items will turn up and might lead to the suspects.you need to remind the police of the scarp metal dealers act 1964

Forum Editor 10:17 23 Sep 2007

people have robbed graves, often taking bodies and skeletons, as well as metalwork from headstones and coffins - it's nothing new.

Quickbeam 10:29 23 Sep 2007

No, but it still hurts those that remember.

Locally we have had the name plaques stolen from a Great War memorial... they've been on 89 years and some cretins steal them now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?