louis armstrong

perpetual motion 00:19 10 Apr 2009

How beautiful was his music!
Im just listening to "louis armstrong" he' was such a amazing fella even all these year later & you know people im 37 & i love his kinda music!!

He had SUCH a unique voice that ive not heard before! he died in "71" i was born in "72"..but i still get very moved by his music!

perpetual motion 00:21 10 Apr 2009

click here
for those of u that have not heard of him! maybe a more neutral tune would give a clue!

Stuartli 00:25 10 Apr 2009

Glad you've found one of the (many) all time greats...:-)

Belatucadrus 00:49 10 Apr 2009

I love Satchmo but don't stop there, if you want the old style jazz check out Bennie Goodman, Count Basie, Duke Ellington and then start looking at some of the be-bop guys or the cool jazz like Miles Davies and Dave Brubeck.
That said I find the later schools of freeform jazz to be pretentious noodling of the worst kind that is barely classifiable as music.

perpetual motion 01:13 10 Apr 2009

Jazz REALLY is the way forwards IMHO!! its just lovely!!

Thankx guys for the input!!

laurie53 08:39 10 Apr 2009

I saw`and heard him live at one of the first concerts after the Musicians' Union lifted the ban on US jazz musicians, sometime in the fifties

It's an evening that lives with me yet.

dagbladet 09:27 10 Apr 2009

I don't get most Jazz, never have, probably never will.

Forum Editor 09:34 10 Apr 2009

Ditto.

Bingalau 09:54 10 Apr 2009

I thought everybody loved Satchmo. To realise that there are people out there who haven't heard of him, is a bit of a shock.

Bingalau 09:56 10 Apr 2009

perpetual motion. Find some of his music where he is joined by Ella Fitzgerald... You will realise that you have been missing a treat.

Armchair 10:10 10 Apr 2009

Only a recent jazz convert, but I do like Armstrong's music. Also like listening to Bunny Berigan, and one of my favourite vocalists, Lee Wiley. Not easy to obtain CDs of the latter two from high street stores. Pot luck finding anything..............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?